Sunday, June 23, 2013

Catching Up and A Few Questions For You!

School is out and I am starting to feel like my ship is righting itself~finally. I'm spending the majority of my time outside and I am VERY thankful I am able to do that.

Below are some pictures taken today on Hidden Acres Farm. As I was snapping pictures I came up with a few questions for you, Faithful Reader. My first is, "Do you plant heirloom seeds? If so, do they grow way slower than regular ones?" I have thrown myself (almost) completely into heirlooms and those little darlings are growing at a much slower rate.

Next question, "Have you ever straw bale gardened?" Again, I have planted heirloom eggplant in the straw bales, and I don't know if it is technique or seed???

Can you help a girl out?

So here goes the tour...I hope you enjoy it~

3 Sister's Garden. Squash, corn, beans


Exploded tire full of lettuce.
Grandmother's old wash bin overflowing with lettuce.

Rhubarb and potatoes
Tomatoes and herbs
Tomatoes



Cukes, beets, beans

Broccoli, cauliflower, assorted greens

Red Russian garlic

Banana pepper-hot stuff!

Straw bales with eggplant. Other boxes have tomatoes and eggplant

Peas. Planted at the same time. Heirloom so much smaller.



Radishes just poked through. Planted 4 days ago. Container is an upside down vent top. Cool, huh?


Yeah! Growing my own calendula this year for my soap!

No comments:

Post a Comment