Thursday, August 15, 2013

Cucumber Jelly


Into making pickles up to my ears! (Not a complaint) I had 2 rather large cucumbers left over from my pickle chips I'm making today and I had run across a recipe for cucumber jelly the other day so ~ta-da!
This jelly is SO easy and tastes light and refreshing. My only regret is that I only reaped 4- 1/2 pints from this recipe. I will multiply it several times over next time around!

Ingredients:

2 large cucumbers
4 T. lemon juice
2 T. white vinegar
3 cups sugar
1 package pectin

Peel, seed and cube cucumbers.
Puree cucumber, lemon juice and vinegar until smooth. Strain to remove any pulp.
This should give you a yield of 2 cups of juice.


 Bring the mixture to a boil. Boil for 1 minute.
Add pectin and return to a boil.
Add sugar and boil for one more minute. Remove from heat.
Pour into hot jars and water bath for 10 minutes.

Enjoy~




No comments:

Post a Comment