Saturday, August 24, 2013

Dehydrating Cucumbers~Who Knew?



Did you know? I thought dehydrating cucumbers would rank up there with dehydrating watermelon and water (a running joke in my house)! It can be done~oh joy! oh rapture! I have been drowning in pickle juice these past few weeks (NOT complaining) and then I stumbled onto these little nuggets. Who isn't looking for other options to preserve cucumbers this time of year?

Such a simple process and honestly didn't believe that this recipe would be anything short of a waste of time and ingredients. I am pleasantly surprised and just had to share with you, Constant Reader!

Process:


Peel and thinly slice cucumbers. I used my mandolin and the "thin slice" attachment.

In a large plastic bag put equal amounts of dried dill, garlic powder and onion powder.

Shake to coat all slices.

Place on dehy trays and dry until done. I set mine on 115 degrees for 7 hours, but remember what I said before~dry it until it is done. We all have different machines and situations AND you can never over dry!

My husband said the finished cucumbers taste like Italian dressing crisps. I love them and will do this again. Give it a try!

Enjoy and God Bless~

No comments:

Post a Comment