Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Duty or Heartbreak- Is There A Line?

Sad-

My son, Patrick Elliott is headed from Fort Riley, Kansas to California on Thursday-for deployment training.

Patrick Elliott is my middle son. I have been blessed by 5 children but only 3 made it all the way. That is why I feel doubly blessed by my 2 step sons. I feel that although I lost 2 along the way that I picked up 2 more and it makes the pain a little less.

If I could wish anything, it would be that I could crawl into a cave and fast forward the remote to when my baby boy gets back onto US soil. The train has been coming hard and fast at me and I will admit that I have ignored that light coming down the tunnel. Not all parents have to deal with their child going to war. I have had a child go off to college and one go into a trade and into the workplace. I have 2 more in high school deciding on their paths in life. I can see them when I want to. This is entirely different.

If you have a family member in the service or a neighbor or a friend- call them tonight and give them your love and support. As for me, I will hug my boys. I love them. I love you, Patrick Elliott. This is my reach out and hug... You are my hero- for now and for always...

1 comment:

  1. A mother in need, is a mother in need. Bless you Sarah :-) I know you know what I mean...

    ReplyDelete