Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sprouting Up All Over



Well, as you can see my organic red clover seeds have sprouted. They are delicious! Every time I am in the refrigerator I grab a handful to munch. I am not sure that they will make it into any salads or onto any sandwiches before I devour the entire contents of the container.

As for my broccoli sprouts, I am not feeling quite so successful. They are sprouting at a very slow pace and they have a strange look to them. I will see what tomorrow brings as to whether they are going to become edible or if they wind up in the trash.

I have started my alfalfa seeds today and am looking forward to success there.

At Hanaford, (not organic) alfalfa sprouts go for $1.69 for 4 ounces and the organic broccoli sprouts sell for $3.79 for 4 ounces. I am sprouting that volume for pennies and even better, I know where my sprouts were grown and who has been handling them. Visit my post entitled "Sarah's Super Heroes-Sprouts!" for information on the nutritional side of adding sprouts to your diet.

I think I am officially hooked on growing and consuming fresh sprouts! Have you tried sprouting yet?

1 comment:

  1. So!!! The broccoli sprouts are complete. They are very strong in taste and as I ate them I got a "hot" after taste. I am not sure if I like them or not. I will try them on a salad or in a sandwich. Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete