Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Dream a Little Dream

I often wonder if people dream the way that I do.

I am an avid dreamer. It is an every night event for me. I'm not sure if it is because I get between 8 and 10 hours of sleep a night or if it is because there is an author/director/producer that is secretly taking over my brain as I sleep. I would like to think it the former. I believe I must reach REM sleep faster and stay there longer than I used to, and longer than other people with whom I have discussed this subject.

Allow me to describe what I mean. I don't just dream about those things I have built up in my sub conscience that I am unable to sort through during my waking hours. I have researched dream sites and dream centers to see what sort of information and guidance they give. Hopefully after writing this they won't come to research me!  I do experience those kinds as well, but I am talking about epic adventures and strange tales with all (if not more) details than J.R.R. Tolkien, Jane Austen and (dare I say) Stephen King have given us.

I dream in full color and surround sound and recently I have started referencing past dreams that I have had into my current dreams. Yes, dreaming about dreams. I also seem to be increasing my ability to control the situations that I am in while dreaming. I remember the majority of what I dream as well. I am not talking about waking up and having just enough time to jot them on a pad of paper for further investigation. I can stop right now and remember the most minuscule details of dreams I had years ago. Some are very comforting but some just will not leave.

Some people I have talked to regarding this subject look at me as though I have a few screws loose, but I want to know from you...do you dream like this? Also, if I do look as though I might have a few loose, please be gentle~I don't want to dream about that tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment