Sunday, January 13, 2013

In Sickness and In Health


I don't usually think about my health until I am unhealthy. How about you? Taking for granted a clear head, clear lungs, no pain in my joints and no critical illness to face. I received passing grades on my two yearly medical exams. I wasn't called back for a second mammogram (as they so often do)  and the cervical dysplasia I fought three years ago is gone for now. But that leads me to wonder~ Why am I never grateful when I feel terrific? Why do I take it for granted?

Well, I have been attacked by the flu for an entire week. This flu of 2013 has taken over 20 children's lives to this point. This flu is an evil, nasty thing and I am ready for it to be gone. It is interesting to me how the first thing people ask me is, "Did you get the flu shot?" Where I answer, "Not this year. Last year I was sick for 14 days after I got it. No thank you." Then they walk away shaking their heads like I am some sort of nut for not protecting myself. There is so much information out there that it becomes a giant tangle of confusion. I know the CDC says that you can't possibly get sick from having the flu shot. Hmmm.

So, as I am lying in bed, using every ounce of strength that I have to fight off this intruder, I have made a new plan for optimal health. I pledge to take my multi-vitamin every day, research how much vitamin D I need to add to my body, eat more raw and less processed foods, and get back to drinking lots of water. I think that is a wonderful place to start. The balance and harmony of nature is one to be admired as well as emulated. I plan to start.

Take care of you!


3 comments:

  1. Did you know that the flu shot they are putting out this year is NOT covering the strain of flu that is going around? Makes one wonder why they even bother....feel better my dear and sooo glad to see an update on the blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know that, Julie, but it does not surprise me. Thank you for your support, my friend!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete