Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Reflection- It's My Birthday


We wait all year for that special day that marks our arrival into life. Onto the planet. The day that started our life and changed the lives of those who had been waiting for our arrival. I love the last page of On The Day You Were Born by Debra Frasier.

                                  "Welcome to the spinning world,"the people sang,
                                        as they washed your new, tiny hands.

                                   "Welcome to the green Earth," the people sang,
                                        as they wrapped your wet, slippery body.

                                              And as they held you close
                                    they whispered into your open, curving ear,
                                         "We are so glad you've come!"

I was one of the fortunate ones. Did you ever consider what a miracle you are? Are you ever thankful that your parents chose life? I know I am. When I get overly philosophical I find myself being overwhelmed at the intricacies of life. Amazed that I am still alive. Am I the only one who is so thankful for their sheer existence in the fragile circle of life?

Life is so precious and most of the time we spend day in and day out wrapped up in the insanity of worldly happenings and the wrongs we have been dealt. I know I do. My best days are the ones where I am unplugged from the overload. I don't think we were ever meant to be so stressed out on a consistent basis.

I mark my years and set my goals at 3 different "New Year" times. The first is January 1st, the second is the first day of school and the third is my birthday. This year, I want to be more unplugged from the noise and more plugged in to what is important. I am thankful to have my Lord, my health, a loving family, a grand baby on the way, a beautiful place to live, amazing friends and a job that I love. Who could want anything else? What else is there?

Some really not-so-nice things are coming my way soon. I will deal with them when they are in my face. I'm not going to worry until then. Worry and sadness are a part of life but are not going to be anything more than an itty-bitty bit from this day forward.

So, my birthday wish for you, Constant Reader? To look at yourself in the mirror and love EVERYTHING you see. Take care of those you love. Take time for yourself and do what you like to do. Appreciate all that you have been given.

Live Out LOUD!


No comments:

Post a Comment