Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Advantage:Maine Lobster

Yes, coming from and living in Maine has it's definite disadvantages, but it has also got a whole lot of advantages. The first, and best, advantage? LOBSTER! My Daddy was a lobsterman and I always knew times were hard when we ate lobster day after day. I always longed to be a normal kid with hot dogs or steak on the menu instead of so much lobster. Evidently, I outgrew that!

My very favorite way to make lobsters is the steamed, crack the shell, suck out the leg meat, butter dripping down to your elbows, big old smile on my face way. I treat myself to that a couple of times a year, and by golly, that time is coming close!

 My second favorite way is a bit more refined but not for those who are on any sort of eating regiment. This is going to make your tastebuds kiss you and take you to that "stupid-happy" place that we all have...Lobster Newburg!


                                              Lobster Newburg

2 cups lobster meat cut into medium sized pieces
4 T butter
1 T flour
1 cup cream
2 egg yolks- beaten
1 T lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt

Melt 3 T butter. Add lobster meat and cook slowly on low heat. In another saucepan, melt 1 T butter. Add flour and salt. Add cream. Stir constantly and cook over low heat until thick. Remove from heat and turn into egg yolks. Turn back into pan and return to a low heat. Stir until thickened. Add heated lobster and lemon juice.

More lobster recipes tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment