Friday, March 22, 2013

Seafood Withdraw

I am slowly getting used to my withdraw from seafood. My favorite fish store (EVER) has locked it's doors and I feel so abandoned and all alone. I am seriously craving tonight...I think I need to find a new dealer and get my fix!

Maybe crabmeat- then I can make my famous Boothbay Harbor Crab Cakes from Marjorie Standish's "Cooking Down East" cookbook. They are SO YUMMY!!! If you like crab cakes-give these a go.

Enjoy~


                                             Boothbay Harbor Crab Cakes

1 1/2 cups crabmeat                                1/4 cup melted butter
3 eggs, separated                                       2 tsp lemon juice
1 cup cracker crumbs                                1 tsp minced green pepper
1/2 tsp salt                                                 1 tsp minced celery
Dash of pepper

Mix crabmeat, beaten egg yolks, crumbs, melted butter and all seasonings. Blend thoroughly. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites. Turn mixture into into 4 well-greased custard cups. Set them in a pan of hot water and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Unmold.


No comments:

Post a Comment