Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Time To Step Back




The last few weeks have been difficult for me. As a mom, as a wife, as a friend and as a human. Being really sick for three weeks has not helped my mental state, but some people in and around my life have made "feeling good" impossible. I know it is not people- it is the devil working through people to get at me and make me feel miserable in the middle of my most blessed and amazing life. I am happy, damn it...GET THEE BEHIND ME, satan!!!

So, I put on my boots, hat, mittens and coat and~with my camera in hand~ I set out to find all of the blessings that surround me every single day.

 My blueberry orchard showing off it's vibrant new red growth. Soaking up the sunshine and preparing for their reawakening in a few more months!  
A couple of my beautiful girls. Their molting is complete and they should be back in business very soon. They are so friendly and so fun! 
 Barlow's Pond. My grandparents turned the little stream that ran down the middle of the pasture into a large body of water. They stocked it with trout, but the bass soon appeared and ate them all up. Now it is a happy gathering place for seagulls and one very large blue heron. I love how when it freezes you can see the natural springs, still awake, just under the surface. Time to get the ice skates out!
Someone has been busy cutting down cattails and cementing them together with a lot of loads of mud. I'm thinking a muskrat. Does anyone know who could live here? 


I paused for a long time to look at that structure. Animals know. They just know. Animals take their life one day at a time. They are tuned into the daily, monthly, yearly clock. They synchronize perfectly with mother earth. God is simply awesome in His power and His love. We need to take some lessons from the animals. As they say: The more I know people, the more I like animals!

We all have seasons. Some are full of sadness, some are full of joy. The ups and downs of life are there to teach us so much. Have a blessed day, Constant Reader. Thanks for sticking with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment