Thursday, February 21, 2013

Beef Stew- De-Hy Style


Finished beef stew. Dehydrated carrots and onions shown.


I am finding more and more often people are saying to me, "I dehydrate all the time." When I ask them what they dehydrate it is either meat for jerky or bananas for granola. Fantastic, but you are missing out on so much more. So much more.

Then there is another group of friends that simply just don't get it. I'm not being judgemental at all. They just don't get it. I try to explain how and what my husband rehydrates when he cooks (I don't cook) and they go blank. So...here is a recipe for beef stew. Once you have begun to dehydrate vegetables you will be all ready to make this amazing stew. Add bread and butter, biscuits, dumplings or crackers and you will be fully satisfied!

Enjoy~

                                           Beef Stew



1 pound stew beef
1 cup dehydrated diced potatoes
1/2 cup dehydrated carrots
1/2 cup dehydrated peas
1/4 cup dehydrated onions
6-8 cups water
4 bouillon cubes
1/4 cup corn starch
1/4 cup flour
2 tsp Italian seasoning

Brown beef. Put all other ingredients into crock pot. Stir it up. Add beef. Cover and cook for 8 hours.
Keep an eye on the water level in your crock pot. The dehydrated vegetables will be soaking up a lot of water. You may also want to adjust the amount of flour. Some people like stews a little thick or a little thin. Play around with the amounts until you find what is good for you!

NEVER add any salt until fully cooked. Rehydration will not happen if there is salt in the water.


No comments:

Post a Comment