Saturday, February 23, 2013

Be It Ever So Humble...





...there's no place like home- and no job on the farm more humbling than cleaning out the chicken coop. Today was no exception, but I will admit I would rather play around in the coop on a cold February day than in the middle of July!

My husband built the coop a few years ago. One of his best ideas for the coop was the sliding door in the back for shoveling out- directly out- onto the rocks below. Genius.

Then there are the roosts he made, but less than half of our girls roost on the dowels. I am not sure why, but they love to be in or on top of their nesting boxes. I guess it is not up to me as to where they sleep. I just wanted to give them as many options as possible.






I will always have chickens running around. I eat their eggs, but I would never eat them. I will continue to be humbled that I am allowed to care for them- no matter how yucky it can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment